Sunday, November 21, 2010

Just text today

Crazy week this past, with not much sleeping along the way. Yesterday was very full - did a lot of pickup around the yard, cleaned the basement, got my iPod replaced in Kentwood for FREE b/c the screen had gone bad, got a new laptop battery because the old one is failing and I don't want to be stuck without portable computing just before exam time, learned how to use the sewing machine and fixed the holes in three of my four pairs of jeans (I like them even better now - they feel more... "me" now that they're fixed up! Not as junky as before, but not OVERLY pristine), cleaned the fireplace, and studied late into the night. Today was good. Thanksgiving potluck at church, which included some great fellowship with friends, then back to the house for some quality time with Nicole. She just left for work, and I'm about to get some studying done before heading to the hospital to volunteer in the ED. I have one exam this week, tomorrow morning in Cells & Genetics. It'll be mostly over genetics, with a fair bunch of DNA transcription and mRNA translation into peptides thrown in. I keep thinking that I'm not sure how I'll do, and then I start thinking that this close to Thanksgiving (and this late in the work/school semester) I don't really care, but then I think about what this grade could mean in the eyes of med school admissions officers, and I keep trying hard. Sure will be nice to have a break for Thanksgiving though!

No comments:

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash