Sunday, February 20, 2011

Naiya Photos Nicole's News

Here are some photos Nicole took of Naiya! She was at my mom and Doug's for the past two weeks, during which time Nicole and I went skiing up north (please see my last post), spent way too much time on school stuff, and went to see the Blue Man Group with my dad (which was incredibly cool). I just got back a bit ago from volunteering at the hospital, and our city has spent the past seven hours getting dumped on with wet, freezing snow. I'm not feeling very well (just tired and head-achy) so I'm going to bed very soon.

I only have two weeks left of Organic Chemistry II Lab, one of which will just be for cleaning up the lab, so I'm almost done! For the next four weeks I'll be going in at 8am MWF to water plants for a Bio Lab Independent Group Experiment, and I have a meeting Wednesday at 8:30am for my bio lecture group experiment. I don't know what it is with Hope College's Biology department and their ridiculous group experiments, but I think I can safely say that I've never wanted to finish wasting my time as badly as I do with these classes. Nothing gets learned about working with others that I didn't know beforehand, and I just end up losing sleep... Anyway, enough negativity. The positives are that none of my group members (lab or lecture) are slackers, so at least the work is spread evenly...

In other news, CONGRATULATIONS TO NICOLE! On Thursday she got her letter of acceptance to Hope College's Nursing Department in the mail! Hooray!!! She starts in the fall, and I couldn't be more proud! Now all that's left is to see to getting me into med school. In the interest of that, I'm going to bed to replenish the energy stores that I will use to study and earn money to pay for classes and application expenses! Sorry for the random babbling, but I don't keep up with this enough, and then when I randomly decide to add some text, I don't know what to talk about. I'm sure there was a ton that was more important than that biology stuff and the other miscelaneous chatter about my schedule, but oh well. It actually felt pretty good to just blab on here for a bit, and now I think I'll be able to sleep a little better, having cleared my mental canvas a little bit. Whew! Later, everybody, and thanks for reading and keeping up on my life. Just so you know, it is very encouraging to receive comments, so know that if you do so, it helps quite a bit!








No comments:

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash