Thursday, February 24, 2011

To shadow or not to shadow...

The biggest problem with having a blog is finding the time to write in it. Coincidentally, that same thing is the biggest problem in most areas of life these days. TIME.

I got home about a half hour ago, wrote emails, turned in homework assignments (via email), planned group meetings, and caught up with Nicole during that time. Now, I need to decide if I'm going to shadow a doctor tonight at 11:15pm. Last night I got about 3.5 hours of sleep (almost sleeping in - thanks to Nicole for waking me up after I slept through the action of shutting my alarm off...), and will need to get up at 7:00am to water and move plants for a Biology experiment. If there's one thing to be said about Physics lab, it never required you to come in thrice weekly for a month just to keep some Brassica rapa plants alive...

That all being said, things will be markedly better in a week. The plant section of Biology will be over, and Organic Chemistry II Lab will be DONE. Plus, the bulk of my group project work will be done (Hooray!).

One last thing: a hearty "Good Luck!" goes out to my nephew Quint who, on the morn, will begin the wonderful journey of potty training. I still remember our "star chart" that we used to ween us off the paper pants and onto the pot... That, and the Mickey Mouse cake reward for kicking the thumb-sucking vice.

That's all for tonight. I think I'm going to get my scrubs on and head to the emergency department. A quick stop by Hope College is in order, however, as I need to print off my resume. I need to give a copy to Dr. Hoey, as he'll be needing that info to write me a letter of recommendation!

In three months, I'll have taken the MCAT and sealed my destiny.

Scary.

No comments:

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash