Friday, March 11, 2011

A 7-year-old shirt made me money.

Back in 2004, I made a bunch of REALLY random shirts using images that I took in Germany. They're really, really random. I designed them on zazzle.com just so that I could buy them and wear them. Unique, original, fun for me. What I didn't give much of a thought to was that I left them as public. Apparently, in Zazzle.com, when you make a product and don't keep it private, others can view it and purchase it! I got an email today, and apparently I've sold two prints of the below-linked shirt in the past year, netting myself a whopping total of $4.63 in royalties! I can get it paid out right now via PayPal, or I can wait 10 more years (if my current earning rate holds true) and get cut a check for $25.00 without letting PayPal stick their greedy mitts into my dough!

What excites me the most is that this could have easily been a much bigger deal. Just think, what if I had checked it and had become a huge hit in India or Japan or something and was rolling in thousands of dollars worth of royalties... That would've been the BEST.

http://www.zazzle.com/cristobal_ltd_polizei_tshirt-235518541203509842

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'd buy one. Seriously. Though it'd kind of be your money I'd be spending...soooo you woudn't really be making money...

Nicole said...

I'd buy one. Seriously. However, it would kind of be your money I'd be spending...soooo you wouldn't really be making money...

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash