Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Naiya is Sick .: No Sleep for Us

Let me just say as a precursor that I was up until 3:15am Monday night / Tuesday morning working on homework and projects, and I got up Tuesday morning at 6:30am for my Organic Lab (last one ever - yay!) before meeting with a professor, then working until 9:30pm. When I got home, suffice it to say I was fairly disturbed when, immediately upon my entry into our kitchen, I see Naiya vomit bloody froth. When she did it again, and I checked her gums and saw that they were a bit discolored and weren't repopulating with blood too well when pressed, we took her to the vet. We got back about five minutes ago (check the timestamp on this post and you'll see why this is a big deal) from the Animal Emergency Hospital in Grand Rapids, and it turns out that she has pancreatitis. Yikes. Multiple injections, subcutaneous fluids, prescription meds and several hours later, she's doing fine and she's on a plan for getting better, but only time will tell how things are going to turn out. Please pray for us, as this has been a bit rough... The vet said that we caught it REALLY early, so she stands a good chance, but we'll have to see. Now, I have to water plants for Biology at 8:00am (which seems so trivial as to be laughable at moments like this), so I'm out.

Goodnight.

No comments:

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash