Sunday, April 17, 2011

Counting Down...

So, this will be a quick new post, because I'm hoping to actually get to bed early tonight and get a head start on this coming week.

I have begun the uncontrollable mental countdown until the MCAT. One month and four days from right now, I will have completed the MCAT, and I will either be 1) relieved that it is over and confident that I did well, 2) relieved that it is over and unsure of how I did, or 3) relieved that it is over and stressing because it was harder than any of the practice MCATs that I will have taken. I'm hoping for number 1.

The next couple of weeks will be ruled by work, preparing for quizzes (one of which I have tomorrow morning), final exams (I'm lucky enough to have already taken the one for my half-semester Orgo II lab, but I still have Organismal Bio Lab and Lecture exams), and, overarchingly, the aforementioned MCAT.

So, everyone can pretty much plan on not seeing me on mornings, afternoons, evenings or weekends until after May 21st, with the exception of Sunday, May 14th, when I will be extricating myself from my study tech to support Nicole as she runs the 25K (for those of you unfamiliar with the metric lingo, that's 15.5 miles) Riverbank Run in Grand Rapids. If you'd like to join us, Naiya and I will be cheering for her both at the beginning, hopefully middle (somewhere) and end. After that, I'll disappear once more into the abyss before resurfacing in GR a week later to take The Test.

If you think of it, please pray for both Nicole and me during the weeks to come. She has more exams to take than I do (two labs and two lectures - Microbio and Intro to Inorganic and Organic Chem) and is still working 24 hours per week, and I'm sticking withthe 40-hour workload with the one class/lab combo, so we don't have much time to spare. Any prayers and words of encouragement would be very welcome!

I'm not sure how often I'll be posting. If the past few weeks are any evidence, it won't be very often, so just take this as the notice you'd get in the pamphlet of a multi-act opera that this is Intermission #1. That way, any additional posts will just be pleasantly surprising.

No comments:

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash