Saturday, May 14, 2011

Nicole Ran the River Bank Run 2011!

I'll let her post her stats/times on her blog (check here for updates), but she did great!






Getting her game face on.


..




She made those sleeves herself!


..




I like this shoe shot.


..




Go #2045! (Last year she was 2081 - pretty close, given thousands of runners...)


..




Oh, she dared... Me not so much, mostly out of a need to focus on classes / studying... Granted, Nicole did all that too... I have no clue how.


..




Way to go Nicole! (I don't know what else to put... I believe?).


..




The beginning of the race - ready to go!


..


It was a lot of fun to support her at the race.


..




There were TONS of people everywhere!


..




She planned to stick with the 8:30 pacers for a little while, then surge ahead...


..




Art Prize remnants... It was very large and I think would have been fun to climb.


..




This guy finished the race with his kids, which I thought was cool.


..




Best. Beard. Ever.


..




Mind in the GAME - look at her go! (She hadn't heard me yelling yet.)


..




This is when she heard me yelling. That's the look of Nicole being startled.


..




She hardly even looks tired! Just as animated as ever.


..




Note the height differences here. She destroyed them in this last quarter mile, and it was sweet.


..




Pschowwww... Like a bullet from a gun.


..




Gatorade and bread... Yumm... Now that I look at this picture, that kid on the left is a bit of a creeper...


..




Nicole beginning a description of mid-race gastric near-expulsion...
(She almost threw up.)
((Twice.))




Very happy to have finished strong!


..




I love her.


..




I still don't get how she doesn't even look tired!


..





Earlier, I had asked Nicole which photos she didn't want posted. She said she didn't care.


Interesting, I thought.


She is sitting across from me as I write. I just said, "I'm going to post all the photos I want, okay?" She replied, "You're not posting all the pictures of me looking sad and sickly are you?"


Nooo, of course not...






Here, she was describing her stomach's feelings at mile 11.


..




Really expressing her stomach's woes.


..




Bleh.


..




Laughing at something, not sure what...


..




Post-race stretching.


..




Who's that in the corner!?


..




Just a creeper taking pictures from your shoe angle...


..




That's right, folks. She is just. That. Awesome.



2 comments:

Jamie said...

Love the pictures Justin! I wish I could've ran with Nicole! She did awesome! :)

JustDad said...

Does she ever sweat? Just askin'.....Great job, Nicole!!!!

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash