Saturday, June 4, 2011

Behind the Times, Sufjan Stevens, Newness

I am woefully behind the times. For all that I saw Sufjan Stevens play at a teeny concert at Lemonjello's before he was even really famous, I never really listened to any of his albums. Yesterday, Nicole brought home Greetings from Michigan: The Great Lake State, and it's really good! I've only gone through a few of the songs, but still...


This will be my summer album, however late I may be in getting to it:


P.S. I changed the background, added a search function in case you ever want to look for something old but can't remember the exact time... Let's be honest, this is more for me... I also added a "Most Popular Posts of All Time" section. I think it'll be interesting to see how much or how little the most popular coincide with my favorite posts.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I like the piano! How's that going?
I really am missing lightroom already. I just purchased it today. We sent them Josh's transcript so hopefully they'll go with it.

Justin said...

It's going pretty well; I sat down last night to look back over what I had learned (and then set aside) before the MCAT preparation. Luckily, I still remembered the bulk of it, which was encouraging. I'm glad you got lightroom! It makes everything such a breeze. I bet they'll take that, though it's possible that they will require something with his pictures on it... Good luck!

Sam P. said...

How have you not listened to Sufjan on a regular basis?!? I'd recommend the albums "Seven Swans" and "Illinoise" to you as well. I'm still not sure what I think of his latest album, "Age of Adz." It's nothing like his other albums. Very electronic.

Justin said...

No clue, Sam. I'll definitely give those suggestions consideration though, especially once I finish this electric bike plan I'm working on. Still in the preliminary stages, but I won't be buying any new albums in the next little while... I'll post more on it when I get things going.

Sam P. said...

I'm sorry that I've let you down as a friend. Sufjan is sooooo good. As you continue listening I'd recommend the albums "Seven Swans" and "Illinoise."

His latest album, "Age of Adz," is still perplexing me. It's so different from everything else he's done. If you like an electronic feel then give it a try, but otherwise don't ruin your Sufjan experience and stay away.

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash