Thursday, June 9, 2011

Knife in my Back

Two days ago I awoke with the feeling of a knife in my back. I tried stretching it out, and the knife just twisted around a bit. I thought it would go away with time...

It hasn't.

Weird things set off the worst of the pain. Things like breathing in. Checking my blind spot while driving. Going over bumps. Doing a sit-up. Breathing in is one of the worst, though. It feels like something is sticking between my ribs on the right side of my back near my spine. I don't like it.

It makes me feel very old when Nicole has to pull on my wrists to help me get into a sitting position. I'm 25 years old. That shouldn't happen. I didn't injure it, I didn't twist it funny, all I did was wake up. I don't want to go to the doctor; I've got stuff to be doing, you know? I told Nicole if it wasn't feeling even a little bit better by tomorrow (who knows what TIME tomorrow...) I would make an appointment.

I feel all stiff and creaky. Maybe it's the weather? Oh man, I really am getting old if the weather affects how my bones and joints ache... Please, please let that not be it... Make it a weird funkity bone growth or something... Anything but my body beginning to fail me...

2 comments:

Bekah said...

LOL...anything but going to a DOCTOR! ;) I am the same way. It means we will be great docs. :D

I wonder if you have pleurisy or costochondritis (although the latter would be more chest pain). At any rate, hopefully it gets better by that decision time tomorrow.

Justin said...

Hmmm... I don't much like the thought of either condition! However, I'm sure you're right - we'll make great docs. Wait though, I have to get IN somewhere first! Man, June 21 can't come fast enough - just knowing how I did on the MCAT will give quite a bit of clarity to the my application strength...

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash