Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tonight, Pizza. Tomorrow, Advice.


Today was a normal Thursday for the most part... Except for two things:

1. I got a raise at work! I completely forgot it was a possibility this year, so it came as a very nice surprise.
2. Nicole craved pizza. So, on her way home she picked up some pizza crusts and we made pizza! I just happened to skip dinner today, so it made my night. We sat down to a nice episode of Hoarders with our late-night pizza meal and made a jolly time of it. Naiya was also extra playful tonight, which is always tons of fun.

Tomorrow I will be meeting with the new pre-health professions advisor at Hope College. I've got the rough rough draft of my personal statement done and all the rest of my application finished. However, since I haven't cut anything yet, my personal statement is currently about TWICE the allowed length. Originally, I was hoping to submit my application around the middle of June. That's not going to happen, mostly because my MCAT scores won't even be back until June 21. For some reason, I was thinking you could submit the application and have it be updated later on with the scores, but that's not an option.

Anyway, short post this time around. Things are moving ahead very well with the application, and I think I should be ready to submit it when my MCAT scores come back. I think I've even got the schools picked out to which I'll be applying... The list is not final, though. Also, I'm not sure I'll be posting it on here.

We'll see.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

When you say, "Nicole craved pizza," people might think, "oh oh, is she preggers?!?!"

To answer everyone thinking that to themselves, the answer is a firm NO!!!

The sentence would better read, "Nicole was sitting at work really super duper incredibly HUNGRY for something like pizza." Hungry, not craving.

Justin said...

Hahaha, ok. Definitely not preggers...

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash