Monday, July 4, 2011

Backpacking with Josh

I went for a quick four-mile hike with Josh the other day. I would have linked to his blog right there so you could have seen his awesome photos (he's a really good photographer), but HE DOESN'T HAVE ONE YET. We loaded up our packs to start conditioning ourselves for our Lake of the Clouds trip with the wives (Nicole and Jamie) and a few other couples in August. On this short trip, we just decided to hit a little of the Chief Noonday trail near Gun Lake. Not too long of a drive, and definitely worth it. I've included some of my favorite shots from the day down below. Enjoy!



That's my blogless friend Josh next to a field of golden wheat.

A relaxing shot of the aforementioned golden wheat.

That's me. My face is blurry... It's kind of difficult to focus a Nikon D90 backwards.

PURPLE MUSHROOMS! These were almost as cool as the orange ones I found later.

Skittish monarch.

This is a tie with the orange mushrooms for my favorite picture of the day.

Seriously, orange mushrooms? In Michigan? I never would have thought to find these here...

Look veeeeery closely. In the middle. Can you see it?

There it is! I love finding frogs when they're trying to hide. Which is always.
I always love finding frogs.

Cool perspective shot by Josh.

At one point I was VERY close to tipping backwards off the tree as he took these shots.

Cool texture shot by Josh.

Fungus shots are fun.

That's all for this post! Hope you enjoyed it!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I think you have Josh all excited about starting a blog now. :)

Emily said...

Amazing pictures! I especially like the frog one. I found your blog through SDN, and look forward to hearing about your progress through the med school application process!

Anonymous said...

Really some stunning shots there, Josh. I'm excited about using my 18-105 lens now. You are a good role model!

Regards from "Nikon Babe"

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash