Wednesday, August 10, 2011

2012 Entering Class AMCAS Application Verified

So this is cool... My AMCAS application got verified today! I just got the email notifying me in my inbox, printed off a copy and meticulously reviewed AMCAS' GPA calculations and course corrections. Everything looked spot-on, which is a relief. That means that I don't have to fill out any correction forms or request that updated or corrected transcripts be sent to AMCAS from any of my schools. I don't have to write any detailed letters explaining how/why I made mistakes, or ask the registrar's office to write any to explain any errors on their part.

What does this mean?

Well, it means that the golden trifecta (AMCAS App (including my personal statement, biographical information, and experience descriptions), Letters of Recommendation, and Transcripts) are all on their way to completing tidy little files with my name on them at each of the fifteen schools to which I applied.

Now I can go on this backpacking trip tomorrow resting comfortably in the fact that things are going smoothly and hiccup-free. Waiting this long for anything is hard, but worry-free waiting is just so much better than any other kind...

No comments:

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash