Sunday, September 18, 2011

Interview!

I got an interview request! I know you're all going to want me to put which school, but as I have explained to some, I will be waiting until this process is over (or at least until things are more definite) to be providing the specific responses of different schools. Given that it is fairly easy to find my blog online by googling my name, I prefer to play some of my cards close to the vest at this point in the game.

That being said, this particular school is one of my very top choices, so given that mixed with the fact that it is my first interview request, I am pretty pumped. Tomorrow I will be attending a session on the "Top 10 Interview Tips for Health Professions Schools." Hmm, that seems like a catchy blog post...

The big day is in about three weeks, which is much sooner than I had anticipated. I had assumed that once you got an invitation to interview, you would then have to wait much longer for the actual interview day. This means that I've got to get my act together sooner than possible in terms of practice interviews at school, what I'm going to wear (currently planning on the black suit and tie that I got married in, since I read that it's actually better to not wear anything to blatantly draw attention to yourself - any suggestions?), and what questions I would like to ask the admissions committee reps (no worries there - I've got a million).

Things have been crazy crazy CRAZY lately, but I'm happy to say they're going to settle down this week. Nicole and I just got back from camping with a huge group of friends this past weekend at PJ Hoffmaster State Park just north of Grand Haven, MI. It was SO relaxing, just chilling in my backpacking hammock, looking up at the huge pine trees filling the park. Unfortunately, the day wasn't quite as relaxing for Nicole, who had to spend the majority of the day at home doing homework before I picked her up to come camp out for the night.

Now it's time to crack down on homework before possibly adding a new piece of furniture to the Nook in our new loft.

2 comments:

Abby Brown said...

Congratulations Justin! Praying for you on this journey!

Justin said...

Hey, sorry it took me so long to get back to this comments, thank you for your prayers! I really appreciate it!!

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash