Saturday, October 22, 2011

102.6 Fever = Sick

Woke up last night with a fever of 102.6°. Shaky and pretty weak, extremely tired. Being sick is no fun. I'm so lucky to have a wife that takes good care of me. Plus, it is very fun having her know what to do since she's becoming a nurse.

It sounds ridiculous, but I am so sore that it hurts to type. Luckily, I have Dragon Dictation so I don't have to type any of this. All I do is talk into my iPad, and it records everything I say almost flawlessly. It is a free app, and is incredibly useful when you don't feel like typing on your iPad screen.

Alright, time to get back to resting and getting better. Maybe I'll watch some Malcolm in the Middle on Netflix. Here's where I'll be for the rest of the day. Thanks, Nicole, for setting me up on the couch; it's just one small example of how well you take care of me.





Oh, one last thing. Progress with medical schools is moving along, slowly but surely. I will hopefully hear back about the results of my most recent interview within the next two weeks. Everything else is still up in the air.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Looks comfy. Hope you feel better real soon!

a said...

I just found your blog from Phenomenemily (and I just found her blog today too... I spending too much time online), and firstly, I'm sorry you're sick. Fevers are no fun. Secondly, you are from Hope, Michigan?! I'm trying to blog semi-anonymously but whoa, I guess I can say I'm from southern Michigan and leave it at that. Small world. Or, small medical blogging community. Best of luck with med school! I hope it's okay if I link you on my blog. (?) I have a lot of spare time on my hands (medical leave from med school) so I've been living vicariously through medical blogs :)

a said...

Err okay going to Hope College doesn't mean you're from the same city. In my excitement, I tend to skim. Not the best trait :)

Justin said...

@a Sure, that's no problem if you link to my blog. Feel free to do so! Actually, I am In Holland, Michigan t the moment, but grew up in Southwest MI. Regardless, small world! Tough luck with the medical leave - hope you're doing better! I'll check out your blog when I get a chance. Have a good day!

a said...

Some of my best friends from college are from Holland! I think that was bound to happen since I went to undergrad in state. Same for med school.

Best of luck with your studying and I hope you feel better soon!

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash