Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Accepted to MSU College of Human Medicine

At 6:38pm this evening, I received a phone call from the Assistant Dean of Admissions from Michigan State University's College of Human Medicine telling me that the admissions committee had just met and voted to accept me into the 2012 entering class!! He was incredibly nice and excited for me - talk about the best phone call ever!!!

To slightly express my excitement, I will just say this: if you had been fishing on the river as I crossed the bridge on my silent electric bike tonight on my way home, you would have heard one long, drawn out, Doppler-Effect(ed) "YAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!" echo victoriously across the night-shrouded waters.

At this time next year, I will be in medical school...!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I stumbled upon your blog exactly one week ago and have been anxious for your next post. I'm a second year at the U of MN. Best of luck next year, you will love it.

And, enjoy this time. It will be the least stressful point in your life where you can say "I'm going to med school" and not be plagued by med school.

Emily said...

Congrats!!!!!

XOXO Dr. Kay Elizabeth said...

OMGosh CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am sooo happy for you even though I don't een know you :)

Susan said...

Still so excited about this for you! Congratulations!!

a said...

Congrats!! (And that was the school I had been thinking of!)

Mingle said...

Congratulations!! You're one BIG step closer towards the goal :)

S.A. said...

Congrats, I saw your blog a few months a few months ago and just recently came across it today. That's amazing man, congrats again!!

Justin said...

Thanks so much to everyone for the encouragement and congratulations! The support I just feels awesome. Thanks!

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash