Sunday, November 6, 2011

Nom

If you were to drop in on my Biochem class in the morning, you would have the privilege and honor of seeing me walk in sporting this fashionable number:
Now, don't you either wish you were taking Biochem with me, or that you had someone in your life as awesome as my wife who could suggest that you purchase and wear similar finery?

I'm sure you do.

For the record, I have been incredibly excited about the possibility of attending MSU CHM. It felt like an incredibly great fit, and I know that I would be happy there. I'm still keeping my name in at six other schools, mostly because I've already paid them and I saved vacation days particularly for interviews, and partly because I am simply curious about how things will go with each of them. I would love the opportunity to interview at a few of my remaining schools and learn about them, because you never know what might happen. I have had one interview so far, and since that was the only medical school that I have visited, I would really enjoy seeing what some of the other schools are like.

Wish me luck this week, as I've got an exam that spans two lecture days - Wednesday and Friday in Analytical Chemistry. According to our professor, Wednesday will be the "easy" half, and Friday will be the hard half. Somehow, the exam is still the same number of points as all the other one-hour exams, yet takes twice as long... It'll be an experience, that is for sure...

It has been a while since I've had senioritis, but since the acceptance it has definitely set in a bit. Not as bad as for some of my classmates (ahem, Ax and Aw), but I have been feeling it...

And now, I will leave you with an awesome video created by some current MSU CHM students. Even if you're not into rap (I'm not) and don't understand all the medical terminology (I don't (yet!)) it is VERY worth your time. The lyrics are below the video. You may have to "click more" to enjoy...




LYRICS:

All I do is phys phys phys no matter what
Got histo on my mind and I never give it up
And everytime I step up into lab
Everybody's clicker's go UP
And they click in
And they click in
And they click in
BC BC BC
Cause all I do is phys phys phys
And if you goin in put your clicker in the air and you click in

never heard me rap before, better check my MCAT score
some things you cannot ignore, like your eyes using SO4
coffee in my left hand, some red bull in my right, you know that i'll be studyin in RAD all night
all i hear around me, is paganini yelling, messed up my motor skills, hit my cerebellum
primary, secondary, dominant follicle....why this womans body gotta be so diabolical?
spartys, harpers, and nerd cave are the status quo...wanna play it safe? study fer-tility window
double speedin lectures to get through em faster, 85s on all my tests baby call me the master

All I do is phys phys phys no matter what
Got histo on my mind and I never give it up
And everytime I step up into lab
Everybody's clicker's go UP
And they click in
And they click in
And they click in
BC BC BC
Cause all I do is phys phys phys
And if you goin in put your clicker in the air and you click in

bought so many books, but I shoulda gone to echt, i aint got no money now im stuck with all this debt
Saturday nights studying about the uterus, they sending seven emails just to get one message through to us
whatever floats your boat, tongue depressor down your throat, write a SOAP note, memorizing things is rote
put some knowledge in your IV and notes in the chart, only thing you suffer from is being hypo smart
rollin deep sunday night eatin all of these dubs, when push comes to shove just circle all the above
deleting juice drive so i ain't got no scribes, just cut c345 so i won't be alive

All I do is phys phys phys no matter what
Got histo on my mind and I never give it up
And everytime I step up into lab
Everybody's clicker's go UP
And they click in
And they click in
And they click in
BC BC BC
Cause all I do is phys phys phys
And if you goin in put your clicker in the air and you click in

study all the time, you know that %#!7 is chronic, omg i pissed myself must be my autonomics
you know this ain't no hoot, ganglions of dorsal roots,
they always try and rattle us, stimulate my hypothalamus
find me at kinkos coursepack binding, catch me at pt's or harpers monday undwinding
now all these cats tryin to battle me but they runnin scurred
must have some spinal injury, cause they ain't got the nerve

now this a verse to include GR, but i just don't know who a lot of you are,
so i check the directory with my boy sandy, look to the bottom SHOUT OUT TO JON ZANDE

All I do is phys phys phys no matter what
Got histo on my mind and I never give it up
And everytime I step up into lab
Everybody's clicker's go UP
And they click in
And they click in
And they click in
BC BC BC
Cause all I do is phys phys phys
And if you goin in put your clicker in the air and you click in

3 comments:

Susan said...

Love the shirt....but what's it mean :|

Justin said...

The apple with fangs is Apple's logo, the company that made my iPad and laptop. The green robot is Microsoft's Droid logo, the lead competition for Apple's iPhone series. It's just a joke saying that Apple is taking a bite out of Droid, which is just a bit ironic because normally apples don't do the biting... :)

Susan said...

I knew I was taking a risk asking what it all meant! Thanks for explaining the tech humor! I like it :)

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash