Friday, January 20, 2012

The Best Bad Thing Ever

Tonight, the wife and I took a break from studying and PARtook in what we dubbed The Best Bad Thing Ever, or TBBTE. What you see in the above picture is a layer of tortilla chips smothered in shredded cheddar cheese topped with a sprinkling of mozzarella, followed by a healthy (yeah right) slathering of Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce. Really, it's phenomenal. If you haven't tried it, you NEED to. It really is the best bad thing ever.

Oh, and the turtles are our salt and pepper shakers. They have magnetic lips. Wife probably thinks I put them in the photo for romance, when I really did it for scale. They're about 6 inches long when joined at the lips, so yeah... That's a big plate of TBBTE. After two minutes and twenty-five seconds of bubbling microwave goodness, we sat down to a nice midnight snack while watching some tv on the good ol' iPad, as shown below:
Yeah, it was a good night. Now, off to bed, as Biochem is just eight short hours away... Haha, coincidentally, we are studying lipid metabolism at the moment. Oh, irony...

6 comments:

a said...

Speaking of lipid metabolism, have you read the MS paper??

Justin said...

I have, actually, and although I couldn't understand everything without doing a little more background studying, I think I'm going to do a presentation on the research for a project in Biochem. Very cool stuff, and best of all, it seems to fit! I have a friend (34 years old) who has MS and is attempting a vegan diet like you. It's going to be very interesting to see where future research takes this theory...

Jamie said...

MMmmmm... nothing better than chips and cheese!

a said...

I agree, the paper is very scientifically sound! I don't have the perfect background for understanding the entire paper either, but I find the more times I read it, the more sense it makes. I also drew out pathways, and I found it really helped.

Just curious about your friend with MS, why did he decide to go vegan? Was it that paper or other literature? I'm glad to know it's not just me who has taken the vegan plunge! (I'm getting some flack for it from some friends but it hasn't changed my mind :) )

Justin said...

My friend is actually a she, and I found out that while I thought she was going vegan, she is just cutting out all meat products except ultra lean white turkey meat. Apparently she read some literature offered to her by her doctor (a book by another doctor that I CAN'T for the life of me remember) about how some diets low in LDLs helped slow or alleviate some of the symptoms. I dont see her much these days, but i will ask her the name of the book and author. Basically, she is just trying to eat healthier because hey, it can't hurt.

a said...

That's what I figured too! :) best of luck with your friend

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash