Thursday, January 19, 2012

Contact

For those of you who read via rss feed or email subscription (as well as those that are simply unobservant), I've added a Contact Me section to the blog. You can access it by clicking here or by clicking the "Contact Me" tab just below the blog's title. It's an easy way to make a comment that you don't necessarily want public. Feel free to shoot me a note or any questions you might have about the whole med school process. I promise to get back to any questions or comments within 24 hours, no matter what. Yikes - big promise, I know, but I mean it! Even if I'm slammed and don't have time to write back right away, I promise to at least let you know that I want to do you justice with a good response that will be forthcoming.

I also promise to not share your email address with anyone, and rest assured that the service I chose to implement in the Contact page can also be trusted. Also know that I love communicating with and hearing back from my readers. It's incredibly encouraging to hear about it when other people read and enjoy my writing, or to hear thanks for something I've posted that has helped someone else along their own (already wincing at the over-used buzzword) "journey."

My philosophy is that nobody knows with whom they will end up working someday. Someone that I help by giving study tips or answering questions about their personal statement might end up being a fellow doctor that I rely on in the operating room. For that matter, he or she could end up discovering a cure for a disease or doing an operation that saves a member of my family. This acutally happened with one of my wife's professors; one of his former students went on to become a doctor and ended up saving that professor's daughter's life after a car accident.

I intend to continue this philosophy throughout med school, freely giving help to anyone that asks, even if it makes it so they end up doing better than I do. I will just do my best, and I think that will be enough. This might be naive, but I don't care. Regardless, none of this is possible without effective communication, so feel free to use the new tool and contact me directly.

No comments:

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash