Monday, February 13, 2012

5 Miles in the New Stomping Grounds

I just recently discovered some awesome trails and paths near my apartment that I wasn't aware of before. The other day, I took Naiya out for a five-mile tour of the new stomping grounds. I pedaled for quite a bit of it, but I sadly I had to use the motor to keep up with her on some of the hills; I have been having some knee problems lately that cause me to feel as though I'm being stabbed beneath the patella during certain motion ranges in the pedaling action after too much activity... Gotta get that checked out.

Anyway, here are some of the pics from that day:

2 comments:

Susan said...

She's in heaven, huh? Sorry about your knee, though....

Justin said...

@Susan - Definitely. As for the knee - pain is intermittent; sometimes I can go a a few miles with no twinges, other times I can hardly push. It's very weird, and almost seems like it depends on my level of activity throughout the day, possibly demonstrating a dependence upon inflammation. Guess we'll just have to see...

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash