Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bike Spill and Breakfast Smashup

So, the other day I was taking my dog on an early morning run (me on my bike, her running alongside), and ended up taking quite a spill. I guess that's what happens when you go too fast on a moldy-green wooden walkway that was recently dampened by some nasty February rain. I and my bike were fine (slid maybe 10-15 feet), but the end result was a perfectly good pair of pants torn and stained to ruination, shamefully displaying my candy-cane boxers as shown below:
The best news is what came next. To cheer myself up, I decided to make a breakfast smashup of unparalleled proportions. After tossing my jeans in the washer on a soak cycle in the hopes that my wife would be able to sew shut the slit and salvage my slacks (see what I did there?), I pulled out some eggs, butter, sausage, and a previously-baked potato from the refrigerator and smashed them all together in a pan. The result was the savory clog-fest-for-your-arteries that you see here:
When I texted this picture to my wife (who has some great slow-cooker / crockpot recipes up on her most recent blog post, by the way; speaking from experience as to their deliciousness, I highly recommend them), she responded simply, "I'm going to miss you when you're gone..." Luckily, I don't do this often, otherwise that sentiment would ring much more ominous...

1 comment:

Susan said...

Yikes, that was quite the slide on your pants there! Glad you didn't get hurt. Did Naiya notice anything might have gone wrong on that bike ride?!?

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash