Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happier than a Bird with a French Fry

"Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry."
I saw this in a shop window as I walked to my apartment downtown a few days ago, and just thought of it. I'm tempted to say that I will apply this phrase to my day tomorrow, as that is when I will be facing the weekend after taking a Biochem quiz, but I don't think that's the way it's supposed to be used. No, I think it should be used no matter what is going on today. No matter how annoying parts of today have been, this phrase is intended to be used today, not put off until tomorrow.

And so, despite getting jerked around by the Craigslist guy who agreed to sell me something and then then bailed at the last moment, despite not being able to spend time with my coolawesome wife because she's such a responsible and studious student, despite working a crazy work day when I'd rather be studying, and despite studying when I'd rather be sleeping, I need to apply this phrase to today.

And so, I vow that for the rest of the day today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Okay, I think we need that sign in our home. Pronto.

ajax said...

I think i'm gonna hafta one-up you here and say, today i'm gonna be happier than a bunch of chickens with a pile of spaghetti.

Justin said...

@Nicole - I think we might need to do something along those lines... Maybe make one?

@ajax - Lol, awesome mental image! That really made me laugh when I read it...

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash