Thursday, March 1, 2012

Two Posts for Premeds

It's that time again - premeds are gearing up for the MCAT, and some even gathering letters of recommendation and starting that beast better known as the Personal Statement. I've written several posts outlining some helpful things that I learned when going through sits process a year ago, two posts of which I've deemed worthy of bumping in this post. The links are below, just to make it a bit easier to find them. The last thing you need to be doing is sifting through my blog trying to sort the dross from the gold when you're looking for quick help. So, here they are:

How to Study for the MCAT
- I'm currently reworking all of the notecards that I made for MCAT prep so as to have them available online in ultra-high quality. They worked well for me, and I'm hoping to offer them for an affordable price at a store based right here out of my blog. The thing is, probably half of the handwritten notecards containing chemical reactions, pathways, and cellular structures were done hastily and in low quality to expediate the process, and I don't want to charge students money for that. So, I am going back and redrawing figures, reactions, and diagrams to produce something of quality, and that takes a while...

Tips for Writing your Medical School Personal Statement
- This was actually featured a while back on the Student Doctor Network. While I can't guarantee that this approach will yield a golden PS, it worked great for me, and I have gotten a lot of good feedback from it.

Pleases feel free to let me know if this has helped you out, or if you have any questions whatsoever regarding the testing, application, or interview process. You can comment below, or use the "Contact Me" tab at the top of the blog. I promise to respond within 24 hours, though I usually reply within the hour. Good luck, and hope this helps!

No comments:

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash