Wednesday, April 11, 2012

No Milk? Make a Microwaved Bacon Omelet!

I have forgotten to get milk for the past three days, which means that I have been getting inventive with breakfasts because I can't eat cereal. A couple years ago my dad gave me a couple egg-cooking plastic containers for use in the microwave. I have used them a several times, but never before in a blog post, sooo...
Step 1: Toss some precooked bacon and a couple eggs into the cooker. No need for any grease or butter, thanks to the bacon.
Step 2: Break up the egg yolks with a fork, otherwise they explode. I found this out the first time I did this and they exploded violently enough to blow open the cooker container and leave egg bits all over the microwave.
Step 3: Add some cheese and pepper to taste, then microwave 1m 20s...
And here you have it - a tasty omelet-like thing with minimal cleanup and no milk required!
Thanks to the quick and easy nature of this breakfast, I had plenty of time left over to write this post! Now I just have to see about how I can help my wife get unsick. That's right - in our almost three years of marriage she has NEVER been sick, until now. Even through the less-than-sanitary conditions of the Bloody Wall Hotel, her immune system stayed strong. I think it's all the 2-hour nights of sleep she has been getting to manage working and being a full-time nursing student, but that is just me... Eesh. Get better soon, Nicole!

2 comments:

Nurse and Hospital Stories said...

Hope your wife gets better, eh. And I love that food preparation. Minimalistic and practical. :)

Cheers,
Peny@Registered Nurses’ Alternative Work Settings

Justin said...

Ha ha ha, thanks very much! I actually just got done eating a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich… Also, the wife is doing much better - currently in the living room studying for an exam, no more signs of sickness!

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash