Saturday, July 14, 2012

Officially Enrolled! Fall 2012 Course Schedule

I've already been officially accepted and have accepted my acceptance to MSU CHM, but today I officially enrolled in my courses for this fall. While not as monumental a moment as answering that call from Dean Mauer, enrolling in classes was still a big deal for me. I definitely had a couple butterflies gamboling about in my stomach as I hit the "enroll" button on the first few.

Here's my class list for the Fall 2012 Semester:

ANTR 551 - Medical Gross Anatomy (6 credits)
BMB 514 - Medical Biochemistry (3 credits)
BMB 526 - Genetics (2 credits)
HM 531 - Clinical Skills 1 (2 credits)
HM 571 - Integrative Clinical Correlations 1 (2 credits)
HM 581 - Mentor Program (1 credit)
PSL 534 - Cell Biology and Physiology 1 (3 credits)

It's definitely new to see all the course numbers start with a five instead of a three or four... Obviously, some of these courses will include labs. Apparently most of the labs will be in the afternoons and lectures will be in the morning. With a total of 19 credits just with the lectures, this will be a pretty insane fun semester!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Wow! This is so exciting to see it falling into place to begin! Congrats! I know you're "geeked"!

Curt Gerbers said...

Nice job Justin! You just passed the hardest step of Med school... Or so I've heard...

Sam P. said...

The lepidopteron disquietude returns!!!!

elisabeth said...

Woohoo! So exciting!

Justin said...

@Susan - Thanks! Totally geeked. :)

@Curt - I really, really hope you're right... But I don't think you are.

@Sam P. - Huh? Something in there about butterflies...?

@Elisabeth - Thank you! Very pumped.

pathofapremed said...

Good luck! Remember to not get overwhelmed, yet know that it will be one of the hardest two years of your life! Everyone enters into med school with the ability to graduate, otherwise the adcoms wouldn't have accepted you.

Justin said...

@pathofapremed - Thanks for the encouragement! Luckily, I don't worry about being able to graduate. Also, I'm hoping the first two years of med school aren't the hardest two years of my life. Otherwise, what is there to be anxious about regarding residency?? :)

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash