Friday, August 31, 2012

MSU CHM White Coat Ceremony 2012

I heard later on there were around 2,000 people in attendance at the White Coat Ceremony. Hooray for the support of friends and family!

I know this post is incredibly late, but this week has been a complete whirlwind - no other way to describe it. I've never had classes move this fast before. It feels like the White Coat Ceremony (which was just this past Sunday) was weeks ago. Right now, I'm actually gearing up for another study session in the Secchia Center here in Grand Rapids - the official headquarters of MSU's College of Human Medicine. But before I really hit the books (on the Friday night before Labor Day weekend...) I'll toss up some photos from the White Coat Ceremony. I'm hoping to take some time this weekend (once I get my workload a little more under control) to write a little more about my first week. Until then, here you go - and a special thanks to my mother-in-law and older brother Tyler for the great photography work that they pulled off from the balcony!

Me, getting coated with my spiffy new student doctor coat!

Shaking the hand of CHM's dean, Dr. Marsha Rappley - a MSU CHM grad!
Proud Wife!
Proud Mom!

Proud Dad!

Proud Nony (Americanized-Italian for "grandma")

It's official - if I make it through the next 7-10 years, I'm going to be a doctor.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

You can do it! I believe in you! I'm also gearing up for a study session the Friday before Labor Day weekend - we're so cool! I love you.

elisabeth said...

congrats!! and yes, weekends have a whole new meaning now, haha

Kim said...

This must be the BEST feeling in the world that has made it all worth it. Congrats! :)

Jill said...

Congratulations! You can do it!

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash