Sunday, August 19, 2012

Orientation Precap & Nicole's Eyes

This week is going to be pretty hectic.

Though we got a day off today (Sunday), it's going to kickstart pretty early tomorrow. We board buses in Grand Rapids at 7:15am to make the 1.25hr trip to East Lansing, where we will spend the day doing things like being welcomed by the dean, learning more about the curriculum, getting our pics taken, and  paying $55 before peeing into cups - though this last one isn't so much for fun as it is to make sure we aren't addicts who somehow held it together well enough to matriculate into med school.

This is just the first day of a jam-packed week. I should have plenty of time to update on here, but I am planning on taking a Biochem waiver exam this Thursday, so I will probably study some for that. I don't really expect to pass it though - especially since I heard that absolutely nobody that took it last year passed... I can always hope though!

And with that, I'm going to spend some time with my wife (who is currently with me in Grand Rapids!) before she heads back to our other place. If you think of it, please toss up a prayer for her, as she's having vision problems again, similar to those she had a few months ago... No good. She probably shouldn't be driving, but luckily it's better in the mornings, and she's on a treatment plan that appears to be might be helping. More to come soon...

3 comments:

Bekah said...

I am pretty sure that three people passed the biochem exam last year. John Gburek (one of the GR leaders) did and I think a few others. Get ready to hear a lot of talking the next few days...

ahyesplans said...

Oh no!! I hope it turns out well. =/

C said...

I just sent the link to your april post to my BF- he has not changed his contacts in over a month. Good luck with orientation! (and I can't believe they drug test you guys!)

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash