Saturday, September 29, 2012

Art Prize 2012 Chinese Lantern Photos / Good Day

So, this happened while I was studying at school last night (Friday):


Art Prize is currently going on in downtown Grand Rapids, and this was one cool entry. I don't know how many thousands of Chinese lanterns were released, but there were a LOT. It was definitely a unique sight, and these photos don't come close to doing it justice. Give me a break, though; they were taken through the window with my iPhone. Some of these might do a better job, though. If you want to read more about it, click here.

Though there were no magical nighttime displays this evening, today has been pretty great, as far as Saturdays-before-exams go. I went to bed at 10:30pm last night with the worst headache I've had in months and slept for 11 hours. When I woke up, it was still there a little. Luckily, it went away with a little acetaminophen and hasn't reared its head again yet.

After a few hours studying at school, Wife showed up and we studied together till about 5:30pm. We've been trying out a new church lately, and a couple weeks ago found out that they offer a Saturday night service. Considering the schedules of medical and nursing students (and the frequency of late-night studying...), we thought it'd be a good idea to try it out.

Tonight's service was pretty good, though we're still getting used to the difference in style between it and the church Wife and I attend when we're back home. After church, we grabbed a bite to eat at a local Thai restaurant called the Rak Thai Bistro. Food was awesome and the service was fast. Wife even quizzed me on some flashcards for a while before we put away the study stuff and just had some good conversation.

And now, we're here, ready to get back at it:

Hi Wife! Good job studying! Keep it up!

And yes - that thing on the left side of the photo is my backpacking pillow. It rolls up really small, so I keep it in my locker, breaking it out just in case I need a 15-20 minute power nap. It's going to be a long night, so I'm sure I'll be glad I did. All right, time for some Physiology...

1 comment:

Kristen {a little ditty} said...

Awesome photos of the lanterns! You had a great view!

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash