Friday, September 21, 2012

Going Home!

This week was crazy busy, starting off BLAMMO on Monday with double Anatomy exams, continuing with solid lectures through two really busy days yesterday and today. I'm finally caught up on watching lectures, so this weekend I have the luxury - yes, I understand that it's incredibly sad that I use the word "luxury" for what I'm about to describe - of going back through this past week's material without having to play catch-up at all.

My interview with a prospective student happened today - and actually, given the confidentiality of it, I think that's all I can say. I'm not able to provide any indication of whether it went well or poorly, per MSU CHM's rules. What I can say is that it was a lot of fun interviewing someone on behalf of the school, as I remember exactly what it was like to be on that side of things a year ago. It's hard to believe that it was a whole year ago - that is, until I think about the fact that I've only been in school for about a month. It feels much longer than that...

Which is why I will be heading home to visit Wife this weekend! She's had an insane week this week as well, and we are both in some serious need for quality time with each other. I'm still going to have to study for a large part of each day, but it won't have to be the intensive exam-prep-studying that happened the last time she and I hung out:

Wife is so lucky to be tiny. Oh, to fit comfortably in a booth...

Anyhow, I will be taking the train home on the morn. Hooray! Looking forward to it very much.

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Have a wonderful trip home and visit with Wife.

Robert Statler said...

have a great time at home!

NoLongerSilent said...

Awww she must have been tired. Hope you enjoy your break even though you plan to study!

I took a break yesterday and apparently today since I'm currently watching the Michigan vs. Notre Dame game LOL.

-V

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash