Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Early Mornings in the Nerd Nest - MSU CHM

At 6:30am, still no one else up here, though that's not usually the case.


More often lately, I've been trying to get in to the med school early. It's not always feasible, but today I got up at 5:00am, ate some breakfast, did some reading, and got here early. I've liked studying in the Nerd Nest recently, and getting here early allows me to actually get a free parking spot fairly close to the building. That's right - I no longer have to commute by bike! Website sales have been good enough that I can now pay for car insurance, so I took my car out of storage and it.has.been.awesome.

Anyway, the Nerd Nest. That's the name for the large room full of cubicles and study tables up on the third floor of the Secchia Center here in Grand Rapids. In East Lansing they have a "Nerd Cave," located in the basement of the Radiology building. No windows = implied darkness = cave. Here, (when it's not still dark outside, as shown above) lots of windows + high up = nest with great views. And nerds are nerds no matter where they study.

I've got my work cut out for me for the Genetics exam tomorrow morning, and last night I just couldn't feel the study vibe. Hence the early morning in the Nerd Nest. I've got 240 of 320 flashcards left with my name on them before my required lectures start at 8:00am. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

mymdmission said...

All the luck to you on your exam tomorrow!!

Enjoyed the post very much this AM. :)

Susan said...

Study study study and what a great view to soak in! Peaceful way to start a day:)

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash