Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Vomsgiving

So, I woke up yesterday morning and felt horribly sick. It hurt to move. It hurt to breathe. I had that over-the-whole-body ache where you skin just feels way too sensitive combined with the roiling stomach ache of a lifetime. I couldn't keep anything down all day, and only finally kept some juice and Vernor's down with some saltines by the end of the night.

And that's how my Thanksgiving Break began.

Luckily, I've been able to eat a bit more today, and the day has gone considerably better today. UNLUCKILY, the lectures that I had to miss yesterday due to vomiting throughout their live presentations have not been uploaded to Mediasite, so I can't catch up on what I missed yesterday. Apparently the staff responsible for uploading the lecture videos decided that we wouldn't need them over break. Ugh.

Interestingly enough, I'm having a hard time deciding whether this is a better or worse Wednesday to Thursday stretch than I would be experiencing under my normal schedule or not... Probably better, all things considered - especially now that I'm feeling better and can actually eat! Now bring on some turkey sandwiches!

Oh, and a small reminder - only an hour and a half left or so on the Thanksgiving Day MCAT Flashcard sale!

No comments:

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash