Monday, November 5, 2012

My Movember Mustache - Day 5

Yes, it's hideous.


This creeperstache is the worst one ever grown, hands down. You seriously don't get worse than this. But, it's all for a good cause, so I will muscle through the awkward looks, hasty glances away by Qdoba workers, and half-hidden smirks by passersby. I'll also continue to keep my go-to phrase handy of, "Yeah, I don't think it's a good look." Points to creeperstache. "It's for a good cause - Movember. It's all about raising awareness about prostate cancer and how prevalent it is in men..." If they seem interested or ask a question, I keep going. If not, I just say, "You should check it out online - movember.com."

In case you're new and don't know what the heck I'm talking about, you can check out my original post explaining everything, or just visit Movember's website. At this point, my team only has $5 in donations, so we're doing pretty poorly... If you feel like helping, any donation is welcome! All (100%) of proceeds go toward funding prostate cancer research. Click here to donate to my team.

Here are the embarrassing awesome snapshots so far, starting at Day 3, since I was cool and forgot to take pictures of Days 1 and 2:

Day 3
Day 4
Day 5



2 comments:

Albinoblackbear said...

Oh yeah. It is bad!!!

I wish there was something equivalent I could do for lung cancer!! You lads get all the fun with your facial hair, and your prostates and what not. :D

Justin said...

@Albinoblackbear - and it's only going to get worse...

As for what to do for lung cancer... Ideas, ideas... Hold your breath for a month? THAT would get some donations...

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash