Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Proud to Vote


Even though a med student's life is crazy busy and seems like there's never enough time to get things done, I showed up on election day and supported my candidates. For those of you reading in other countries, today is that one day that comes every four years where we get to choose the next President of the United States. And that's pretty much all I'm going to say on the matter right now. You see, this blog isn't about political partisanship or advancing a particular candidate. While I don't feel very strongly about "politics," I do believe that we have an incredible right in the ability to vote, and we shouldn't squander it. People in other countries literally die for the rights that citizens of the United States take so for granted.

Luckily it didn't quite take the four hours that it took another of my med-school-blogger counterparts - and for that I'm grateful. Plus, I got the awesome "Proud to Vote" sticker shown above, which I plan on rocking for the next eight hours or so. And lastly, here's the rank-and-file of Stache Pics for the month of Movember:

Day 3
Day 4 
Day 5
Day 6
Nope, it doesn't seem to be getting any better, folks. If you feel my pain, read this then donate for prostate cancer research!

4 comments:

Rodney said...

Rock the vote, Rock the 'stache!

Anonymous said...

I really like facial hair on men, but sorry, that is definitely not a good look for you. So glad you already have a wonderful wife and you are not currently looking for one. If I donate, will you shave?
Tricia

Anonymous said...

(Ok, I cannot seem to pass the "prove you are not a robot" test. How about a "close enough" or "good try" or "you get a C for your efforts?")

All I wanted to say is, if I donate, will you shave? Some things are just more important than money. Tricia

Justin said...

@Tricia - Lol! I wish I could disagree with you, but sadly I do not. However, the 'stache is filling out a bit more... I will gladly shave at the end of November - please donate and help make it worth it!

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash