Friday, December 7, 2012

Inter-Exam Limbo Land


I just spend the last 3.5 hours reviewing all 59 pages of lab objectives for the Pelvis, Perineum, and Lower Limb lab exam that I will be taking in... 22 minutes. The lecture exam was this morning, and we have this break in between the two exams that everyone uses to relax and catch a breath cram like we've never crammed before. Except, we have crammed like this before - after every single Anatomy lecture exam. I drew the later exam time this round (there are two), so I got an extra hour to study. I'm still not sure which I prefer, the early or the late slot. Probably the late. Sure, I'm not done as early, but you'd be surprised how having a little extra time to make sure the words are fresh in your head (or calm your nerves by writing a quick blog post) can help.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do after this exam is over with. I'm nowhere near the dangerous 75-mark of the pass-fail system here at MSU CHM, so in a little over an hour I will have officially passed the infamous Gross Anatomy of medical school, which is definitely cause for celebration... However, I have about 1050 pages to review and several hundred practice questions to do in preparation for my cumulative Physiology final next week Tuesday. Add to that the approximately 500-ish pages that will be covered on the half-semester cumulative Genetics final on Thursday, and I could do nothing but study all weekend - and still probably not touch everything...

Maybe I'll go for a run. Hmmm...

No comments:

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash