Saturday, December 8, 2012

Phys, Genetics, then VACATION

With Anatomy out of the way, the next exam on the docket is Cell Biology and Physiology I on Tuesday, better known simply as Phys. The name of the game for the next three days is going to be flashcard creation / review and practice problems. As the MSU CHM faculty put it in their email announcing the practice problems, "We strongly urge you to make good use of these batches as well as previous practice exam questions (batches for Exam 1-4). The time you spend on these questions will be amply rewarded!"

Translation: "Seriously, do these practice problems. We're pretty much going to jumble them up and give them to you in test format on Tuesday, so if you can do these you can ace the test."

If you need me, I'll be busy making flashcards on the nine most recent exams, then reviewing the 1K+ phys flashcards from the semester (this is a cumulative exam, folks), then cracking down on practice problems... It's going to be a fun- caffeine-filled three days.

And after that comes Genetics.

But after THAT comes this:


That's right - we're going on vacation. Luckily, I paid for it back when I had a job and we had money, so now I absolutely have to go on it. With our current financial situation (which is a complete lack of finances), I'd never be paying for something like this. Which is why I did it this way, because Wife and I need some together time. Also, the above picture is not for sure our actual room, but it's from the resort we'll be going to. Amazingly, we got a free upgrade to our room, which was a great surprise. We most definitely did NOT shell out the cash for the above room, haha.

All right, enough stalling. I've got my coffee, I've got my headphones. It's time to hit the books.

2 comments:

miya said...

I just discovered your blog and, as a premed student about to take the mcat, I think its awesome. Good luck studying!

Justin said...

@miya - Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions along the way, preferably using the Contact Me feature. I remember getting ready for the MCAT, and I had a million questions...

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash