Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lymphatics, Endocrine, and Winter Driving



I just finished the first exam of my second semester of med school. It was Physiology - Lymphatic and Endocrine Systems. Lots of detailed, detailed knowledge about tissue histology, hormone interaction, and regulation of metabolism. Luckily for me, I found it very interesting - an opinion I'm sure is very sparse among my classmates. I don't know why, but for some reason the endocrine system is fascinating to me - that all of these hormones are present in such minuscule amounts, yet they're capable of enacting such broad effects on all of the different systems of the body. It's super-nerd-cool.

SO, that was today. We've had a big ol' snowstorm over the past 24 hours, so Wife's clinical rotation at a local hospital was cancelled, which - hooray! - meant she got to sleep in this morning and bum around a coffee shop instead of working like a crazyface all morning! Unlike the drivers involved in the 50-car pileup last night, I love the snow. I love driving on snowy city or country roads, when my car makes so little noise and all the bumps in the road are filled in so it feels like I'm driving a hovercraft - I like that. Like Luke Skywalker on Tatooine. Only a cold desert instead of a hot one.

Yeah, that reference just happened. I love Star Wars. Sue me.

All right, back to work - since nobody wants to play ping pong to release some stress. Andrew Rose. Time to start studying for Friday's Immunology exam. Or maybe Monday's Gastro-Intestinal Exam...

We'll see.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Haha, love it-nice description of filled in pot hole driving! I was JUST saying the same thing yesterday! And Nerd...as in not a problem to be one in Med School? Go Justin.

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash