Monday, March 11, 2013

We Live In The Future

I'm back from Costa Rica! I have a ton of crazy stuff to share, including everything from the five gunshots that were fired as I walked home on the last night, to one of my students losing his wallet, to the guy who passed us in the street late one night only to immediately cross to our side and start following us (read future posts to find out why), to freaking out about an almost-no-show of the transportation vehicle that would take us back to the airport. Obviously since I'm writing this everything worked out fine, but now I'm firmly back in the swing of things with very little time to write! I also waited to write about certain things so that Wife (and Mom and Dad and all of you) wouldn't worry about my safety. Wink Face.

Tonight's docket includes a joint Grand Rapids / East Lansing Student Council meeting in Portland, MI (hooray for delicious bowling alley food!), followed by LOTS of catching up on all the Physiology lectures that I didn't get around to reviewing over Spring Break.

In the meantime: proof that we live in the future! In defiance of the obvious self-contradiction and temporal impossibility inherent in that statement, I present to you an unedited photo I snapped during my flight from Panama City to Newark, New Jersey yesterday:


Seriously, how can you NOT look at this without thinking, "SPACESHIP!"
Some day, I really will fly into outer space.
Mark. My. Words.

1 comment:

Rodney said...

And you're taking me with you.... BTW - I quit worrying a long time ago. But I still pray alot.

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash