Tuesday, April 30, 2013

One. More. Test.

This was me ten minutes ago.
It's very rare that I get to say this during med school - One More Test. And it's not really TRULY true even now... Come to think of it, the actual end of my education is so foggy, I'm not sure if there really will be a "last exam..." Shudders and steers mind away from such thoughts.

The end of this semester is almost here! Today I took my last Microbiology exam - this time on Virology - and it went great enough that I indulged myself and took an almost two-hour nap this afternoon. I feel more rested right now than I have in weeks! I can't be a complete slug though - no matter how much I'd like to just play Fun Run and eat chips on the porch for the rest of the day - because Thursday I have One. More. Test.

Thursday's ringer will be Pathology, which has sadly not risen to its potential. You know you're in for a wild time when that day's Path prof (who also happens to be the course director) steps up to the lectern and says (and I'm paraphrasing here), "Well, we sure have been getting some dry lectures lately, haven't we? I'm sorry, but that's not really going to get any better today, as this lecture may be the driest one yet. Just stay with me and we'll get through it."

I think I fell asleep twice during that day.

If you can't tell, I like it when things are just a bit more up-beat... So no, I'm not quite relishing the thought of spending 8-9 hours this afternoon / evening (and ~12 hours tomorrow) memorizing the details and terminology of amyloid bodies, edema, and neoplasia. The plus-side is that I will be rewarding myself with some food this evening for getting through this morning's exam. Not sure where from quite yet, but it's going to happen.

Before I know it, Thursday will have come and gone, and then the next big event on the horizon will be this weekend when Wife FINALLY Moves to Grand Rapids!! We've been waiting for this day for months, and I sort of can't believe it's finally going to happen. All of the plans have been laid, and it's almost here...

After that, I'll have a week of nothing. And I mean nothing but blissful sleep, relaxation, as well as possibly some exercise and/or gardening. That's right - I'm going to start a garden while I actually have enough time to do the digging and planting. We should be past the last frost of the year (*crosses fingers*), and though I haven't had a garden since I was a wee little 'un, I thought this summer might be a fun time to reattach the green thumb that got severed by my education. All right, time to hit the books digital coursepacks!

No comments:

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash