Sunday, September 22, 2013

Flashback: Hobbes' First Bath & Photo Recap


This post is 100% for the sake of perspective as time goes. It's so easy to lose track of things when you're as busy as Wife and I am these days. 

Here are some photos since then:






I've been weighing Hobbes almost every day, just because I felt like it. I like seeing trends extrapolated over time. It's probably one of the nerdiest things about me. In college, I kept track of my score in every game of frisbee golf I played over four years in an excel spreadsheet. This trend of mine is also probably the reason why I like time lapse videos so much. Anyway, I'll upload a chart Hobbes' growth over the first six months this coming December.

For the first month or so that we had him, Hobbes slept in a laundry basket by our bed. I think this was his last night sleeping in there before we moved him to his crate. It was getting a bit cramped...

Believe it or not, he actually slept in this chair like this for about 45 minutes.

As part of our series of "last hurrahs" before starting school this year, we went on a kayaking trip down near St. Joseph.
Hobbes LOVED it - though probably not so much when I pushed him in...

Hobbes saw more of this country at two months of age than I probably saw in my first 15 years on our road trip to Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado.

I took this photo last week. It's hard to see how tall he's getting from this photo, but trust me - at over 25 lbs, Hobbes is definitely getting bigger. If it helps, he was 8lbs 1.0oz in the video at the top of this post.

2 comments:

Jill Thomas said...

That bath video is soooo cute!

Susan said...

This is sooo great! I love all the pics and the video but for some reason the bent-headed Hobbes in the laundry basket makes me laugh. He's so adorable!

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash