Saturday, February 15, 2014

Wife = RN, Hobbes in Therapy, and The Glitch Mob

I must say, today appears to be the day for passing exams. I'm proud to announce that Wife is now a Registered Nurse in the state of Michigan, having officially passed the NCLEX! I couldn't be prouder of her for all of the hard work that she has put into reaching this point. She has already accepted a position at a local institution, but I'll leave it up to her to fill you in on the details. That is, if she allows herself to finally stop studying so much and start blogging again...

Exam success #2 came in the form of Hobbes passing his performance screening examination and getting accepted into the training program for West Michigan Therapy Dogs (WMTD). It's basically a program where awesome dogs bring happiness to sick and stressed-out people. It's amazing. He is eight months and two days old right now, which (unofficially) makes him the youngest dog to be accepted to the program. Dogs are not eligible to take the screening exam until they have been with their "handler" for at least six months. Since most dogs do not go home with their owner until 8 weeks of age (though we got Hobbes at ~5 weeks old...), simple math means he's pretty much as young as a pup can possibly be in the WMTD program. Click here or, better yet, here for a glimpse of what WMTD does. Interacting with those incredible dogs last year as a stressed-out, lonely (recall: Wife and I were living in separate cities for the bulk of the time) M1 inspired me to see if Hobbes could bring similar happiness to others.

And with that, I just realized that this means that I, Wife, AND our dog Hobbes are now all pursuing careers in healthcare. That's awesome. Now we just need a couple of kids to become a PA and maybe an NP and we can open our own clinic...

Alas, I must return to my studying. Today feels like a wash with only seven hours of studying under my belt, thanks to all of the hullabaloo with Hobbes' testing (and trying to tire him out before going so he wouldn't be too hyper...) and such. I laugh even as I say that, but the reality is I still have a couple more hours to do before I'll feel okay leaving the rest for tomorrow. I have the Pulmonary Domain exam on Monday, you see, and Pulmo is... a lot of information.

I leave you with my newest study-music obsession:

The Glitch Mob featuring Aja Volkman in Our Demons

No comments:

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash