Monday, April 14, 2014

MER = DONE. MSU CHM Monster Video. Today = Amazing Day.

http://bit.ly/1t2h4E1

Officially DONE with MER, and what better way to celebrate than with the above Med Folly, featuring the M1 class (with a little of me thrown in - can you find me?). Mad props to the mastermind of it all (you know who you are, but I don't know if you want me posting your real name on my personal blog, soo...). Bravo! Anyway, the exam this morning went swimmingly - at least, as well as can be expected for an exam where most of the material has seemingly nothing in common other than that it involves stuff that can happen in the human body...

Aside from that, today I also:

- Fixed Wife's laptop by installing a new battery for HALF the price the Apple store would have charged ($60 vs. $120)
- Fixed my iPhone 4s speakers by installing a new set that I bought online for $4.40 including shipping.
- Went to the Omelette Shoppe for some celebratory feasting.
- Took Hobbes to the park and threw the ball around a bit.
- Had some great conversation with Wife about what's really important in life.

Now I'm about to get a haircut and maybe clean my desk. Oh yeah, I haven't written about my new desk! It's pretty awesome. It's this:

Mayline Futur-Matic Electric Adjustable Drafting Table

IT'S AMAZING.
(click to embiggen)

No more sore back and unworked legs for me. I can now choose between sitting while I study or standing up. I spend about 10 hours per day at my computer/desk, and until now it was 100% sitting. Now it's about 80% standing, which is incredible. Goodbye, increased risk for DVT!

UPDATE: For those who asked, I got the above table used on Craigslist for $350. That is to say, NO, I DID NOT pay the $2,995 retail price out of my bountiful loans. That would be silly. Also, it has an electric motor (operating the switch is super fun!) that lifts it the surface up to 48" tall at the highest setting and down to 30" at the lowest. The surface tilts to be horizontal, vertical, or anywhere in between. The surface measures I think 40" x 32". Something tells me I'm going to write a full review up here at some time about this table, as I had the hardest time finding information about it when I was looking at it...

Anyway, it might be the best purchase I've been able to make this year. I can't say I did this alone - Special thanks to you who helped me fund the purchase - you know who you are. Thank you!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hey, I see you there! Pretty cool video. And table, too, sounds like!

C said...

so jealous of that desk! I ended up buying a bar table that i used to study at so i could stand… but that's a way better solution!

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash