Wednesday, May 7, 2014

M2 = Done; On to ISP

Previous post: http://bit.ly/1kZ3sVI
Ahh, nostalgia for freedom...
This is a very quick post to announce that I've officially completed the first half of medical school!

On Monday, I passed the Digestive (Gastrointestinal) Domain. The next thing on my plate is the infamous Step 1, which will (for me) be in mid-June. That leaves me 5 weeks and change to prepare effectively. I spent the past two days relaxing and coming up with a study plan, which basically consists of doing as many practice questions as possible while also reading as much as I can of First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2014.

During this Intensive Study Period (ISP) as it has been dubbed, I will be foregoing all forms of social media. That means no Facebook and most likely no blogging. What little spare time I allow myself will be spent on 1.) Family and 2.) De-stressing by way of running, playing with my dog, reading, eating, and sleeping. I'm currently planning an average of 8-10 hours of active studying, 6 days per week, taking Sundays completely off for church and family.

This means I will most likely not be posting on here for the next five weeks. That could very possibly change, don't be surprised at the silence if it doesn't. I'm still here, just with my face buried in computer screens, books, and pillows...

After the test, Wife (who is now officially a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Nurse, by the way! Whoop Whoop!) and I will be escaping for a week to the illustrious Smoky Mountains in North Carolina for a bit of R&R. I doubt I'll be posting much that week, but you can probably expect a blur of photos once we get back.

Till then... Over and out.

3 comments:

Rodney said...

See you on the other side - by July, the water will be warm.

Susan said...

M2 a thing of the past. How great is the sound of THAT!?! Congrats!!!

Laysay Dursteak said...

Congrats!!! Nice post. Thanks for sharing :)

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash