Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Intensive Study Period - A Video

Most med students take several weeks for an Intensive Study Period, maliciously affectionately known as the ISP. Mine consisted of exactly 299 hours and 33 minutes of studying & practice questions spread out over 5 weeks. For the last 10 days of my ISP, I programmed my GoPro to record a video clip every 30 minutes. I turned the recording LEDs off and dimmed the display on the camera so I wouldn't know when it was recording. In the end, I cut some clips to keep it shorter.

Now that I've finished ISP, taken Step 1, and gone on vacation, I've finally gotten around to editing and uploading the video. It's probably as entertaining as a video of someone studying can be. 

Interpret that how you will.

3 comments:

Rodney said...

I had NO IDEA watching someone study could be so entertaining! Great job - all the way around. (The music was perfect).

Candace said...

That was hilarious and very entertaining. That'll be me in a few years... minus the beard of course lol

Or maybe that's me now, studying for the MCAT!

Susan said...

Ok, that was very cool to watch. My favorite parts were: the cavernous yawns that rendered you sightless, the pen flip/spin thingy you were doing, the gigantic chest heave, and the glazed over stare to who knows where. Way to stay at it! Grueling! Neat documentation of a very significant time of your life.

The Tags

accomplishment (2) AMCAS (1) anniversary (5) application (17) awesome (23) backpacking (8) bike (8) Biochemistry (13) Birthday (1) books (2) Break (46) bummer (2) camping (5) Christmas (4) crazy (30) Curiosity (10) doctor (7) Emergency Medicine (7) exams (37) Fail (4) fun (56) funny (22) Gear (8) God (2) Grand Rapids (2) grey hair (1) Honeymoon (2) Interview (8) iPad (2) Jintus Study (11) MCAT (14) med school (55) Mental Case (1) Motivation (4) Moving (4) MSU CHM (70) music (1) Naiya (22) Nerves (2) News (3) Nicole (40) Notes Plus (1) personal statement (5) Philosophy (1) photos (34) premed (4) random (25) Resources (9) Review (13) Running (6) Scary (2) Schedule (5) Science (1) Shadowing (6) sick (8) Specialty (4) stress (13) Studying (44) surgery (4) Tech (2) Tired (3) Travel (14) Travis (5) volunteering (3) Wife (26)
HyperSmash